Awesome Therapist | UT
228 S 100 W
Cedar City, Utah 84720
Posted on April 26, 2023
Who We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate is relationally minded and believes through connection we thrive. A therapist who enjoys working with young adults who are struggling in their mental health which is limiting their independence. We’re looking for an engaging clinician that can help cultivate and be actively contributing to an environment that promotes security, exploration and connection.
Who We Are
Engage Young Adult Transitions is a therapeutic environment located footsteps away from Southern Utah University in Cedar City, Utah, and minutes away from the mountains. Engage’s purpose is to provide therapeutic support for young adults struggling with their mental health that is often limiting their ability to be independent. These challenges may be depression, anxiety, loneliness, trauma, and lack of purpose. Engage’s therapist and certified life coaches are driven by attachment theory and experiential learning while understanding the specific needs of young adults. While attending college or working, our young adults also participate in therapy, classes, and community events. It is with Engage’s therapeutic guidance and life coaching in a real-life setting, our young adults are building stronger emotional connections and the necessary skills for success.
Ideal Candidates Attributes
- Embodies Engage’s values of connection, attachment-driven, honoring developmental growth, curiosity-minded, attunement, radical ownership, and health
- Knowledgeable and skilled in trauma-informed approaches and practices
- Enjoys being outdoors, active lifestyle and community service.
- Is adventurous. Open to participating in skiing, mountain biking, hiking, and getting out there and having a growth mindset
- Professional and healthy in managing their life and relationships
- Ability to see people for who they are, their potential, and where they can be
- Excellent at connecting and communicating with others, detail-oriented, able to work independently and on a close team, takes radical ownership of role
- Values authenticity and participates in a work culture of honesty, open communication and feedback
- Reports to the Clinical Director.
- Provide weekly individual, family and group therapy
- Conduct mental health assessments and develop treatment plans that align with client goals
- Be an active and engaging member of the team that contributes a culture of support and growth
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date clinical records
- Be on call approximately every other 6 weeks for 7 days
- Provide crisis intervention support as need
- Respond to and read work communication in a timely manner
- Master’s or doctoral degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or marriage and family
- Experience providing mental health services to adolescents or young adults that struggle with depression, anxiety, and trauma
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of trauma informed therapeutic approaches
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
401(k), Dental, Medical, Call For More Information