889 Wimpy Mill Rd.
Dahlonega, GA 05155
Posted on October 4, 2023
Imagine a role where you contribute to helping a child and family heal!
First Light Wilderness specializes in treating struggles associated with trauma, attachment/adoption, depression, anxiety, and co-occurring addiction.
We do this in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, where nature provides peace and healing.
We are seeking a Clinical Director who is passionate about ensuring students’ therapeutic needs are met as well as leading the clinical team to best serve our clients and families. Our Clinical Director plays one of the most important roles in our program, ensuring excellence in all of our clinical services as well as promoting the development and support of our clinical team members.
The ideal Clinical Director, under the direction of the Executive Director, should have a long-term mindset, creating systems that are efficient and support FLW’s long-term sustainability. Specific outcomes of the Clinical Director include management of the needs of parents, students, and referents; determining student admission eligibility; achievement of therapeutic outcomes; and maintenance and supervision of clinical team.
A successful Clinical Director will:
- Be a natural leader with excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Have a servant leader heart that finds leading others rewarding
- Enjoy the outdoors and have experience and passion for outdoor activities
- Be resourceful and have good judgment
- Have a talent for connecting well with others from a variety of backgrounds including students, parents, staff, and referral partners
- Be passionate about helping teens and families learn and heal
- Be able to maintain healthy boundaries to role model healthy communication
- Have experience with operations and logistics for similar programs, preferably serving adolescents
- Be aligned with our program’s core values of empathy, service, trusting relationships, growth and results.
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- Minimum is master’s degree in a mental health related field.
- Five years’ experience in the mental health field
- Must be licensed in the state of Georgia or licensable within 6 months of employment.
- Live within 45 minutes of the office
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth, or comparable experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a management role including supervision of employees and budget management.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Must pass a Background Criminal Investigation and post-hire physical.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Ability to self-transport when the need arises.
- Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations.
- Ability to support field operations and safety in four-season conditions.
- Must possess a current first aid and CPR certification.
401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Flexible schedule, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Mileage reimbursement, Paid time off, Paid training, Pro Deals, Travel reimbursement, Vision insurance