Clinical Team Leader and Intensive Psychotherapist | Portland, OR
Tired of orthodox mental health that’s driven by the medical model, insurance companies, and illness rather than hope and recovery?
Windhorse Integrative Mental Health is looking for a Clinical Team Leader in our alternative non-profit in Portland, Oregon.
Reimbursement for relocation considered. #mentalhealth
If so, come join our team! We know you want to and Windhorse wants you too!
Clinical Team Leader:
In this position, you will work closely with adults recovering from psychiatric distress while they are living in an apartment with a therapeutic housemate. We are an innovative, small, whole-person, mindfulness-based program. This position requires a Masters’ Degree in mental health plus experience. An active contemplative practice or an openness to meditation. Licensure is a plus. 40 hours/week with benefits.
- Facilitation and support of 3-4 “teams” including one on one 3-hour shifts with clients
- Maintaining contemplative practice and attending group contemplative practice
- Ongoing training in our approach, Contemplative Psychology, Harm Reduction and Polyvagal Theory
- Individual weekly supervision, several group supervisions
- Supporting colleagues in strategizing healthy choices in recovery with clients.
- Skills that are helpful: curiosity, experience with people in extreme mind-states, contemplative practice, compassion, empathy, team collaboration, self-reflection, team facilitation and support, social systems awareness, precision, and timely reporting (minimal).
Pay range and entry requirements:
- Starting pay: Commensurate with experience.
- MA or equivalent experience
- License (or in process)
- 2 years relevant experience in the field
- Preferred: contemplative practice.
- Reimbursement for relocation considered
Please send a resume and cover letter to our Operations Manager, Ana Boboia [please note: resumes without cover letters will not be considered]
Vision, 401(k), Dental, Medical
About Windhorse Integrative Mental Health
An alternative nonprofit since 1993, Windhorse Integrative Mental Health is a community-integrated program for adults experiencing various mental health challenges (depression, schizoaffective disorder, trauma, bipolar, social anxiety, schizophrenia, etc.). Many clients face secondary addiction issues. While valuing clinical perspectives, we go beyond diagnostic labels to recognize each person’s strengths and history of sanity.
Windhorse operates in three locations: Northampton, MA; San Luis Obispo, CA; Portland, OR
An alternative to current mental health residential treatment programs, Windhorse uses multi-disciplinary clinical teams and therapeutic households in the community to support our client’s recovery journey. Clients receive more therapeutic 1-on-1 time with clinicians each week then most other programs. Through this strong web of support, Windhorse clients live with the same dignity and respect as their peers whose lives have not been disrupted by a mental illness.
Our program is based on three healing principles:
– All human beings are fundamentally sane
– If a healthy environment is created, clients will have a greater probability of recovery
– Recovery is discovering one’s own fundamental health and sanity
No matter how severely confused a mind has become, recovery is possible.