Therapeutic Work Program Clinican
1169 Spring Lake Road
Cuttingsville, VT 05738
Posted on November 16, 2023
This position is hands-on and integrated into the Therapeutic Work Program (TWP) model of Spring Lake Ranch to support residents seeking treatment for mental health and substance abuse issues through their participation in the work program and therapeutic community. The TWP Clinician provides individual therapy and case management and guides the work crews in fostering opportunities for growth. This role serves as a role model for junior staff on how to guide residents in their healing journey using what they know about the path to assure continued growth and sufficient tools for lifelong success.
- Assist residents in developing and implementing a person-centered treatment plan as part of a team which includes individual residents, clinicians, family members, other Spring Lake Ranch staff members, and external consultants/providers. This includes creating and maintaining organized records of meetings and outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the TWP Crew Manager and Assistant to support residents in their goals and treatment plans.
- Works side by side on crew with residents and staff 5 to 10 hours a week.
- Serves as a member of the crisis response team during evenings and weekends and is part of the related on-call rotation. Provides interventions, crisis/risk screenings and coordinates with RRMC Crisis to assess criteria for in-patient psychiatric admission when necessary.
- Meets with families for initial family visits and functions as primary liaison for all resident family contact.
- Supports and mentors residents in the development of daily living skills to include planning for leisure time, building money management, health, nutrition, exercise, safety, work habits, and social skills.
- Provides wraparound case-management services including but not limited to assistance with general organization, insurance switchovers, applications for SSDI/SSI, discharge planning, etc.
- Collaborates with med room and consulting Psychiatrist regarding any medication issues that arise when working with a resident.
- Facilitates psycho-educational group(s) and lead therapeutic or recreational programs.
- Attends staff, doctor, and other meetings.
- Assist in provision of coordination of care coverage for Independent Apartment Living clients when IAL case manager is absent.
- Communicate and meet regularly with the TWP Director to ensure efficient, professional, and effective delivery of coordination of care services to Spring Lake Ranch residents.
- Collaborate and communicate with other members of the treatment team, and other Spring Lake Ranch staff in a proactive and respectful manner.
- Coordinate responsibilities and coverage with the treatment team, and other SLR staff when absent from work.
- Complete required documentation and keep resident files up to date for residents on caseload.
- Routinely complete assessments s including DLA-20 and PROMIS-29in service of quality assurance and outcomes.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the SLR Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Represent Spring Lake Ranch professionally and positively to others including families, doctors, therapists, vendors, other providers, employers, volunteer contacts, friends, interns, volunteers, visitors, candidates, the general public, etc.
- Maintain respectful, therapeutic, and supportive relationships with Spring Lake Ranch residents and clients at all times.
- Maintain resident/client privacy by keeping personal information confidential in accordance with federal HIPAA legislation and Spring Lake Ranch policies and procedures.
- Willing to draw upon own personal talents, interests, and passions to develop special programming for the community and develop relationship with individuals.
- Participate in holidays and other Ranch special events throughout the year.
- Attend weekly staff and department meetings and staff development opportunities, meeting the training requirements for position.
- Participation in weekends, holiday rotation, and on-call as needed.
- Crisis intervention and assistance as needed.
- Other duties as requested.
- Master’s degree in clinical social work, psychology, counseling or related field. LICSW or LCMHC preferred.
- Experience in mental health and/or substance abuse recovery preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Driver’s License and good driving record.
401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Flexible schedule, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid time off, Paid training, Vision insurance