160 Preble Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Posted on October 16, 2023
Foundation House is a behavioral health and substance abuse treatment program designed for men providing coordinated and comprehensive clinical care in Portland, Maine. Combining evidence-based therapeutic practices, innovative programming, serene surroundings, and a nurturing environment, we offer an unmatched treatment journey bridging residential-to-independent living. Led by our triple-board certified Psychiatrist and Medical Director, our Primary Therapists are an integral part of our clinical and psychiatric team; utilizing the latest therapeutic modalities and practices to provide individual, group, and family therapy to our clients and their loved ones.
- Facilitate and participate in Foundation House’s Tradecraft12 PHP/IOP programming using evidenced based practices, including an Attachment Based theoretical framework.
- Create and facilitate assessments and treatment plans for admitting clients.
- Provide individual and group therapy.
- Provide family support and facilitation of family support Zoom calls.
- Maintain continuous, professional communication with referents to be in the best interest of the client and organization
- Complete daily documentation of individual/group sessions, family contact, educational consultant/primary treatment contact, case management activities
- Provide guidance regarding sober living, school, work, volunteering, sponsor/AA meetings, family relationships, probation/legal issues, etc.
- Hold clients accountable to Foundation House rules and expectations.
- Assist with weekly client house clean and model appropriate hygiene and ADLs.
- Spend time in residences with clients to develop relationships and awareness of clients’ needs and issues.
- Create transitional plans with clients in advance of intended discharge date and complete discharge summaries after clients leave Foundation House.
- Attend regular team meetings, supervision meetings, clinical team meetings, tours with stakeholders, and all other assigned meetings.
- Provide coverage for staff members and provide off-hours support when needed.
- Provide on-call coverage on rotation as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director and/or CEO.
- Master’s degree in related field
- 2+ years of related work experience in a substance abuse/mental health setting preferred.
- Must be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC), Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC).
- Full licensure in the state of Maine or 5 years full licensure in another state preferred.
- Proven ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Experience with Attachment Theory desired.
- Energetic and able to galvanize clients to take full advantage of Foundation House offerings.
- Able to lead by example and participate in the clients’ journey.
- Possess knowledge of current recovery industry trends and residential treatment methodologies.
- Detail oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative, flexible, and able to think outside of the box.
- Great sense of humor.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation.
401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Paid time off, Paid training, Signing Bonus, Travel reimbursement, Call for more information