High School Teacher | Syracuse, UT
2650 W 2700 S
Syracuse, UT 84075
Posted on April 6, 2023
Elevations RTC and Academy are seeking a Full Time High School Teacher who also helps to manage, track, and communicate the academic progress of a group of students.
Preference is given to Special Education Licenses. The main topics of need are in at least one of the core subjects (Math, Science, Social Studies, and/or English Language Arts).
Job responsibilities include:
- Teaching 3 1-hour High School classes per day.
- 1-hour Advisory period each day to meet with a group of students to offer academic counseling, support, and supervision.
- Attendance at multidisciplinary team meetings once per week to discuss the academic and therapeutic progress of students.
- Weekly updates and progress notes for students.
- Preferred experience and skills:
- Work in the mental health field, but program-specific training is provided and required.
- Ability to form a positive rapport with students and coworkers.
- Education in Psychology or Social Work is preferred, but not required.
- Special Education skills and endorsement are preferred, but not required.
- Starting pay is $50,000 annual salary, with increases based on experience and education, and $10,000 more for Special Education certifications.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- The typical work schedule is 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. M – F, with some flexibility.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Syracuse, UT 84075:Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- 1 year (Preferred)
- Utah Educator License (Required)
- Work Location: One location
Prepare curriculum and teach according to Utah CC
Help, manage, and track students
Communicate and collaborate with coworkers
Utah Teaching License
Endorsement in a core subject
Special Education endorsement (preferred)
Vision, 401(k), Dental, Medical