Live Strong House Classroom Instructor
2276 W 2700 S
Syracuse, Utah 84075
Posted on February 1, 2024
- Live Strong House (LSH) is an unrivaled, owner-operated, Residential and Transitional Treatment Facility for male adolescents (15-18 years) and young adults (18-26 years) who are recovering from emotional, mental health, and/or substance use disorders. We believe that our teachers and staff are our most valuable assets. LSH is a clinically focused, relationship-based program that believes its employees are the most important part in inspiring change in the students we serve.
The role of our Classroom Instructors is to work with our male adolescents (15-18 years) in a small classroom setting. Our instructors work with students to create individualized academic plans to help promote engagement with their curriculum. Our weekly schedule provides curriculum support, team support, and a full prep day each week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- assessment of student’s individual needs
- implementing IEP & 504 recommendations, as needed
- classroom management
- reading transcripts
- creating educational strategies and interventions to help students succeed
- providing academic instruction and strategies
- small group and one-on-one instruction across all curriculum areas
This noble and meaningful career allows you to transform your love for learning and education into a life-changing process for our students. Our staff is expected to role model healthy expression of emotion, social skills, grit, and resilience. Instructors are highly involved in collaborating with our clinical and residential teams to build and carry out individualized student treatment plans and assignments.
Our ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Can live and demonstrate our values of Humility, Courage, Resilience, Patience, and Strong
- Ability to hold professional and personal boundaries
- Ability to see people for who they are, their potential, and not for past actions
- Organized and can manage time proficiently
- Manage curriculum and course load timelines for grade-level completion
- Manage classroom professionally
- Proficient in professional communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and basic computer operations.
- 4-year post-secondary degree in education or related field
- 1-year prior educational experience in a classroom or small-group environment
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
401(k), Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Paid time off, Paid training, Call for more information