Live Strong House Academic Day Staff Position
2276 W 2700 S
Syracuse, UT 84075
Posted on August 31, 2023
Live Strong House (LSH) is an unrivaled, owner-operated, Residential and Transitional Treatment Facility for male adolescents (16-17 years) and young adults (18-26 years) who are recovering from emotional, mental health, and/or substance use disorders. We believe that our teachers and staff are our most valuable asset. LSH is a clinically focused, relationship-based program that believes its employees are the most important part of inspiring change in the students we serve.
Academic Day Staff supervises students five days a week in a private school residential treatment center. Works to educate, monitor, mentor and strengthen youth during the school day. Day Staff also performs various duties as assigned by the Academic Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the break and recreation area of students during school hours.
- Manage the cleanliness and organization of break and recreation areas
- Attend treatment team meetings to collaborate with other key members of each student’s team, as needed.
- Participate in LSH training.
- Utilize a scaffolding approach to bolster a student’s ability to function in the classroom.
- Return and report all student’s citizenship and progress while under day staff supervision to teachers and Academic Director.
- Manage our College and Career Readiness students service and job explorations activities in the afternoons.
- Cover teachers in the classroom during breaks, lunch, and time off, as needed
- Occasional extra-curricular, recreational participation is required in the evenings and weekends.
- Complete annual training in behavioral management, crisis intervention, first aid and CPR, and any other training as deemed necessary by management.
This noble and meaningful employment allows you to transform your love for learning and youth into a life-changing process for our students. All our staff are expected to role model healthy expression of emotion, social skills, grit and resilience. Staff are highly involved in collaborating with our clinical and residential teams to build and carry out individualized student treatment plans and assignments.
Our ideal candidate will obtain the following attributes:
- Can live and demonstrate our values of Humility, Courage, Resilience, Patience and Strong
- 1-year prior experience working in a residential treatment setting
- Ability to hold professional and personal boundaries
- Ability to see people for who they are, their potential, and not for past actions
- Organized and can manage time proficiently
- Manage milieu proficiently
- Proficient in professional communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and basic computer operations.
- Education Minimum: high school diploma (bachelor’s preferred)
- Previous experience working with youth in a therapeutic setting
- Excellent organization, communication, and collaboration skills
- Warm, caring, patient personality. Able to hold clear boundaries with students and others
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening