Meristem Announces Summer Program with Special Opportunities for Young Adults with Autism
Meristem announces an 8-week Summer Program June 6th – July 29th, for young adults (aged 18 -28 years) on the autism spectrum, with options to live full-time on campus in dorms through the Independent Living Skills Program or to attend the Day Program.
Like the year-round program, the Summer Program offers a wide variety of special opportunities for students, such as:
- Culinary Arts Internship
- California Conservation Corps Internship
- Circus Arts
- Work Skills Vocational Training in Meristem Café
- Work Skills Vocational Training at Effie Yeaw Nature Center
- Work Skills Vocational Training at Mission Oaks
- Farm-to-Fork Culinary Arts with Fieldtrips to farms
- Food Safety Certification
- Herbal Arts and Land Management collaboration building a new herbal arts garden on Meristem’s campus
For more information about Meristem, visit their table at the ‘Alternative to College Fair,’ on March 18th and 19th in Walnut Creek, Mariott. This fair is free to attendees. If you want to tour the campus, call and schedule a tour with the Director of Admissions, Mariann Eitzmann (916) 963-1173. Meristem has an inviting 13- acre campus in Fair Oaks, CA. It is there that you can learn about how the summer program and year-round programming are helping young adults with autism transition to higher education, employment, and/or more independent life.
Meristem, a non-profit 501c3, founded in 2015 is a unique program dedicated to preparing young adults on the autism spectrum for a life of greater independence and fulfillment. Meristem’s multi-year program serves students ages 18–28. Our residential students come from across the United States. Our day students commute from homes throughout the Sacramento region.