New Program Announcement: Parallel Process Transitions
Parallel Process Transitions
After almost 30 years in the adolescent and young adult treatment field, Krissy Pozatek, MSW has devoted her career to supporting parents to bring their kids home from treatment. She is the author of The Parallel Process, a landmark book that teaches parents how to grow alongside their struggling adolescent or young adult child in treatment. With the right support, coaching, and scaffolding in the home, young people can integrate the gains of treatment into the home environment, to become regulated, reconnected, and accountable. With the right parenting responses, the stuck parent-child relationship can be transformed. Parents can move from enmeshed and transactional relationships with their kids to sharing and connection through establishing healthy emotional boundaries.
Parallel Process Transitions is a 90-day parent coaching home transition program. Parallel Process Transitions helps parents set up the home environment to successfully transition their child home from treatment. Through individualized phased-based home contracts, weekly parent coaching to guide parents to implement the home plan, and external team support calls, Parallel Process Transitions will help build a new foundation for your family. Krissy coaches parents to help them re-write the parent-child script and reach new outcomes in their relationship. The Parallel Process container helps parents emulate what worked in treatment to help kids transfer their skills from treatment to mainstream and real-world settings.
Who We Serve:
Parallel Process Transitions helps parents of preteens, adolescents and young adults successfully transition their children from a treatment setting to a mainstream setting whether it is home, boarding school, college, or independence. If you do not need a treatment transition but have another type of transition or need to do a RESET in your home, Krissy can work in the same program container to do a 3-month reset for your child and family.
This 90-day program includes:
- Parenting Curriculum: Parents will have access to the E-course TRANSFORM YOUR PARENTING. This Parallel Process Intensive coaches parents on how to emotionally un-enmesh from their child, how to step into their parental authority, how to attune emotionally to their teen or young adult, how to set behavioral boundaries, and how to value struggle. This course is the Parallel Process curriculum essential to home transitions that parents can listen to, to grow alongside their child coming home from treatment. Krissy will be coaching parents from this curriculum.
- Individualized Home Contracts: After 20 years of parent coaching and developing and refining home contracts, Krissy helps parents develop individualized and effective phase-based contracts (that will change over 90 days) that create the appropriate structure, scaffolding, and support in the home. Parallel Process contracts allow a parent to step out of autopilot, reactive, enmeshed, or enabling responses to their child. Parents will feel empowered to regain their parental authority in the home.
- Parent Coaching: Parents will meet with Krissy in weekly parent coaching sessions. Each week, Krissy will help parents unpack stuck patterns and support parents in implementing the home plan and trusting the process. Krissy works with the Parallel Process curriculum to help parents achieve new outcomes in the parent-child relationship.
- Treatment Integration: One of the most important aspects of home transitions that is frequently missed is integrating the skills learned in treatment into the home or mainstream setting. Krissy works with the child’s treatment program and therapist to understand their progress and the specific skill set they have developed in treatment. It is critical that healthy coping skills are highlighted and brought into the home for daily integration.
- Emergency Support: Crisis support Is available to parents as needed and Krissy is also available to coach parents through challenges that come up between sessions.
- Home Treatment Team: Krissy works together and collaborates with the home treatment team. Krissy communicates with home therapists, mentors, and/or educational consultants as needed during the 90-day transition.
For more information, please contact Krissy Pozatek, MSW by emailing email@example.com or calling 802-595-5116. https://www.parallel-process.com/parallel-process-transitions