All Kinds of News for August 03, 2016
Phoenix Outdoor is hosting a retreat for clinical professionals seeking to relax, rejuvenate and learn about the ever-expanding options for young people in recovery. The conference runs August 17-19 and will be held at the Blue Ridge Assembly, located at 84 Blue Ridge Circle in Black Mountain, North Carolina. Registrants will participate in experiential activities focused on mindfulness and neuro-psychological education.
Additional opportunities for participants include:
- Hiking in the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains
- Yoga Sessions
- Guided Meditations
10.5 NBCC clock hours for continuing education will be provided.
The panel of speakers includes:
- Key Note Speaker Noah Levine, author of Refuge Recovery and founder of Against the Stream Buddhist Meditation Society
- Interventionist Heather Hayes Davidson, M.Ed., LPC, CIP (GA)
- "Brené Brown's The Daring Way", with Ana Moreno, MS, LMHC, CAP, CIP, ICADC, CDWF (FL)
- Anette Edens, Cornerstone Recovery (TX)
- Samantha Randall, University of Colorado (CO)
- Jackie S. Williams, Ed.D., BSN, Montford Hall (NC)
- Hannah Mariotti, Coach/Consultant at Beacon Coaching & Consulting (Boston, MA)
- Sarah Wagner, School Psychologist and Educational Consultant (Boston, MA)
Registration is currently open with options for commuters and participants seeking on-site accommodations, and meals are included. For more information, please email Deara Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 828-808-4529
About SUWS of the Carolinas
At SUWS wilderness treatment program, students work through addiction, depression, developmental disorders, and behavioral issues with experienced staff members in a supportive outdoor environment free from the stresses and distractions of everyday life. SUWS of the Carolinas operates within the Pisgah Nation Forest under permits issued by the United States Forest Service (USDA), and is subject to the USDA Civil Rights Non Discrimination agreement (Form AD-475-C).
SUWS of the Carolinas is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all apects of the program. ACE Provider #6617. For more information visit suwscarolinas.com