All Kinds of News for December 07, 2016
Legacy Treatment Center, located in Loa, Utah, is seeking an experienced licensed substance abuse counselor to provide individual and group counseling to young adult males.
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications include being licensed as a Substance Use Disorder Counselor (SUDC), having a fundamental understanding of addiction, and having experience working in substance abuse or dual-diagnosis treatment settings. Necessary qualifications include the ability and mindset to work well with and contribute to a team of highly-engaged and supportive professionals.
Summary: Legacy Treatment Center, also doing business as Legacy Outdoor Adventures, is a treatment center/wilderness therapy program for young adult males ages 18 to 35 who are struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health issues. Legacy integrates wilderness and adventure therapy with intensive clinical time each week at a residential treatment facility. Programming is designed to achieve synergy between the wilderness experience and clinical time at the treatment center.
- Provide individual and group counseling in wilderness and/or residential setting.
- Guide clients toward recovery as a way of being.
- Support a strength-based, invitational therapeutic approach.
- Contribute to and complete a highly-functional treatment team.
- Guide clients in developing a comprehensive relapse prevention plan.
- Communicate with clients’ families.
- Work with treatment team to develop and implement individual treatment plans and facilitate continuing care planning collaboratively with individual clients.
- Serve as a role model for honorable adulthood as a way of being.
- Maintain accurate, complete, timely and high quality client records.
- Support maintenance of a healthy therapeutic milieu and positive peer culture.
Salary: Competitive, based on experience.
Please contact Flora at 435-836-2272, flora@legacytreatmentcenter.