All Kinds of News for February 03, 2016
Katie Walsh, from The Wediko School and Barb Cunningham from Summit Prep, had the opportunity to visit many consultants throughout Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas on a 2 week trek. Our companion was Dave, Katie’s Grand Golden Retriever - what a road warrior!
Over the years we have both had the opportunity to set up tours for many consultants to visit our respective programs and other area programs. Typically, consultants come to the area for 3 to 5 days and tour 2-3 programs each day and often drive several hours in between programs. This is often an exhausting venture.
Our trip was similar except we were visiting consultants, not programs. It was so fun having the opportunity to visit folks on their own turf and to take in the scenery as we traveled. We started in Miami and ended in Asheville for the GEMS Conference. The Southern hospitality was awesome, the stops were dog friendly, and the weather…well we did not get into the brunt of Jonas, but had hoped for a bit warmer temps.
Here are 10 takeaways from our travels.
- It is harder to get to your destination on time than we thought.
- It is important to build in breaks, and stretch times. (More for Katie and Barb than Dave)
- People really can eat their way through the Southeast… Biscuits and Gravy, Grits, BBQ, muffins, pizza, and coffee.
- It is a challenge to get work done on the road. For example, being on a call when the GPS wants to give you several different turning options!
- It is important to have a phone with a hotspot AND have an Atlas!
- It is great to travel with someone who gets you and a Golden Retriever.
- If you are playing the license plate game, Hilton Head is a gold mine!
- Overpacking can come in handy when there is bizarre weather conditions.
- It is fun to spend time visiting with old and new friends… but then it is good to have nap time.
- There are some REALLY great consultants in the SE! Well, actually there are great consultants all over, but we just had the privilege to connect with these folks on this trip.
We realize that it is time to start planning our next adventure. Let’s see we have toured the NE, SE and Texas. Where to next? Stay tuned #Where'sDave may be coming to a location close to you!