All Kinds of News for January 06, 2016
Founded by Charles Elias in December 2003, PRN for Families is proudly celebrating its twelfth anniversary. We have served hundreds of families in 32 states and on 3 continents through our outreach services during our time in operation. We are proud of all of the good work that we have accomplished, the relationships that we have developed, and the families, clinicians, mentors, and referring professionals that have been part of our journey.
Our mission has remained the same: To reach out to families in their own homes in order to empower family members with the tools, resources and support they need to safely stay together.
PRN for Families supports the following values and beliefs:
• Safety is paramount.
• Empowering families is our mission.
• We are most effective when we work in partnership with families.
• Everyone has strengths, skills and unique cultural experiences that we must respect and build upon.
• We believe that people are doing the best they can.
• All people have the potential to change.
• We cannot tell which situations are amenable to change, therefore we must remain open-minded about each family's chances of success.
• A crisis is an opportunity for change.
• We are accountable to families and to ourselves for service quality.
• It is important to reduce barriers to services and increase motivation by being accessible and flexible, and bringing our services into a family's own home.
• We believe in every family's success.
Thank you for your support over the past twelve years. We look forward to many more years of providing excellent home and community-based services to families!