All Kinds of News for June 08, 2016
EDGE Learning and Wellness Collegiate Community is looking for dynamic individuals who have excellent clinical skills and believe in a wellness lifestyle.
The Therapeutic Life Coach has an incredible opportunity to impact the lives of college students who have struggled with mental health obstacles. This unique position requires living in an apartment in a high-rise building in downtown Chicago where the program is located and providing therapeutic life coaching to a community of college students. Successful candidates are enthusiastic about community life, love engaging in all that Chicago has to offer, and demonstrate leadership and balance in their own lives. Experience with motivational interviewing and coaching techniques is preferred.
Requirements: License-eligible with an MA from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, counseling or related field. Knowledge of human development with particular insight into adolescent-young adult transition. Understanding of the causes, contributing factors, and effective treatment for mental health conditions including, but not limited to, mood disorders, substance use disorders, and thought disorders. Willingness to live on-site and ability to be flexible with time based on agency and student’s needs.
- Provide therapeutic individual life coaching to as many as 10 residential students and 3 non-residential students for a total of 25-30 hours weekly.
- Live in an apartment at the program location and work a schedule that includes some weekend and evening hours serving as an example of active, balanced living for students.
- Coordinate collaboratively with a therapeutic team to provide ongoing assessment of student progress, to create and implements appropriate interventions, and to guide the culture of the community using therapeutic techniques.
- Provide case management services including documenting ongoing collaboration with Learning Coordinator, academic institutions, parents, treatment providers, medical professionals and practice consistently excellent documentation.
- Respond to critical incidents and mental health crises according to principles of quality clinical care and in keeping with program guidelines.
- Actively engage in self-guided and collaborative professional development by actively seeking feedback from peers, supervisor, and stakeholders and assertively offering feedback to peers and supervisors; contribute to the professional development of others utilizing the same method.
- Plan and lead community outings of a recreational, culture, and therapeutic nature that enrich the lives of the students and staff team members.
- Provide on-call coverage for 26 weeks annually.
- Travel up to 10% to attend conferences, trainings, and marketing events.
Job Type: Full-time
- Counseling: 1 year
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Email resumes to Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EDGE Learning and Wellness Collegiate Community located in Chicago, IL offers therapeutically supported residential and non-residential options for post-treatment young adults. The participants, ages 18 -24, are striving to excel academically, while creating a life of balance, joy, and wellness. www.edgelearningcommunity.com