All Kinds of News for August 09, 2017
At The Crossroads in St. George, UT is seeking a RN/LPN to act as Medical Coordinator.
Education, Experiences and Empowerment make people who they are. Through change and growth, ATC believes personal beliefs can be developed or strengthened in understanding what is most important to individuals; serving people, pursuing excellence, embracing change, acting with integrity and being an asset to their communities.
At the Crossroads is a young adult transitional living program providing coaching, therapeutic support and real life experiences for young adult men and women struggling to launch from their primary support systems. Although there is variance with the underlying diagnostic indicators that brings a young adult to ATC and the subsequent treatment planning and solutions necessary during their course of treatment, the inability to develop healthy individuation is at the common root among all students.
At the Crossroads utilizes a strengths-based relational approach. Years of research have shown that the greatest indicator of treatment gains is dependent on the strength of the therapeutic relationship. ATC does not seek to micromanage, control, punish or manipulate young adults into compliance. Through developing trust and respect ATC uses “collegial” relationships to influence and coach students toward greater mental, emotional and physical health. ATC establishes a culture of attraction, not coercion. ATC seeks to allow the young adult freedom to experience failure and setbacks and revert to more dysfunctional behavioral patterns so that ATC can intervene, support and begin shifting toward new, healthier coping mechanisms. The less the student feels they are in a “treatment program” but rather a “supportive treatment community,” the greater likelihood of that student developing real internal change that is not artificially manipulated because the container provided little real world experience for trial and error.
Mental health nursing involves working with young adults diagnosed with various psychiatric conditions and also co-existing physical and/or organic conditions. The work involves providing care to ATC students in attempt to maximize their life potential. Nurse will liaise with treatment team (APRN, therapists, colleagues and community health providers) to plan and deliver care with a multidisciplinary approach. Nurse may work with students in their homes, ATC office, or in the community.
Works under the general supervision of the Medical Director as well as Clinical and/or Executive Director.
- Subscribes to ATC’s mission, statement, and philosophy.
- Provides primary care services to students, including management of all medications. Train on and oversee drug testing.
- Provides triage care (makes determination if the illness/injury of the student warrants care at the emergency room, M.D., specialist, etc, or whether appropriate care can be provided by ATC staff).
- Documents progress notes, admissions notes, and special notes in BestNotes in a timely and professional manner, in accordance with ATC policy. Ensures new enrollments have a current physical form uploaded in BestNotes and a paper copy in student file. Note any medical issues, including student infection and adverse drug reactions in BestNotes.
- Maintains ATC medical policies and procedures.
- Administers medication to students and trains staff in the administration of medication. Ensures correct administration of medication, including injections and monitoring student’s response and appropriate metabolic monitoring. Tracks number of students on antibiotics throughout the month.
- Provides and trains on Infection Control Plan. Provides infection aggregate report.
- Builds trusting relationships with students while providing supportive listening to student concerns and needs.
- Sees students for medical appointments in tandem with APRN, or individually. Documents any medication changes in BestNotes (include in Treatment Plan). Provide fact sheet/education to students on any new medication prescribed.
- Visits students in their own home to monitor progress.
- Provides student education regarding healthy lifestyle, diet, psychotropic medications, OTC medications, sleep, hygiene, etc. and preparing students to manage medications on their own.
- Assists with client Discharge Planning.
- Prepares for and provides educational groups for ATC staff monthly.
- Provides phone contact/introduction to parents of new enrollments. Communicates with parents as needed, updating any medication changes, answering questions, etc.
- Completes prior authorizations for medications denied payment by Rx coverage, coordinating with Admissions Director.
- Actively participates and contributes to monthly PI Committee meetings and bi-monthly staff trainings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Active/current license in Utah. Registered Nurse or LPN.
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience performing above or related duties
- Experience in adolescent or adult mental health treatment industry
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to pass background check (BCI)
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Working knowledge of:
- Psychiatric diagnoses; treatment and psychotropic medications
- mental health care facility programs and procedures
- patient counseling processes, techniques and methods
- individual and group counseling skills
- initiate planning, implementation and evaluation of mental health services
- perform under adverse crisis situations
- develop effective professional working relationships with co-workers, supervisors , clients, and the public
- communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- work independently and manage work assignments in a high interpersonal contact environment
- maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Follow ethical guidelines and ATC policies, procedures, and protocols.
Inquiries and resumes can be directed to Brittany Horigan via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
About At The Crossroads
At The Crossroads is a transitional program for young adults utilizing a highly individualized and client centered approach to treatment. Upon enrollment, each client is assessed to formulate a treatment plan unique to his or her strenths, challenges, needs and goals. Our multi-disciplinary team comprised of highly trained professionals aims to honor each young adult as a distinctive individual. There are no two pathways to success that will be exactly the same and therefore we, as a team with the client, navigate towards individuated success.