Back to Newsletter
All Kinds of News for December 06, 2017
The Lighter Side / Programming Change / Evolution / Programming / Trips / Visitors To Campus / Buildings & Grounds / Trainings / Personnel Changes / Clinical, Ownership
Greenbrier Academy Announces the 4-month Semester Forward Program
Published December 06, 2017Greenbrier Academy for Girls
Category: Programming Change / Evolution
Greenbrier Academy now offers a 4-month program that is academically intensive and therapeutically concentrated. The "Semester Forward' program provides a structure for families and their daughters to have an individualized programing for them. Founded in 2007, Greenbrier Academy for Girls has always been focused on meeting a family and daughter where they are, and every family is not interested in a one year enrollment because of budget, calendar or a daughter’s unique therapeutic path.
This program offers a unique schedule allowing qualified students the following opportunities:
- 4 weeks in our week-long Village Retreat over the 4 month period
- Individualized tutoring with the potential to complete a semester’s worth of school credit within the 4 months.
- Animal Programs
- Family Program
- Adventure & Service Outings
- 3 months of integrated coaching
Due to the concentrated, intense nature of the "Semester Forward" program, it is best suited for a student who is ready to work hard academically and in her treatment. A girl's profile for this programming might include:
- Needs a preventative intervention
- Is looking for a short term rather than long term intervention
- May have had a primary intervention like success completing a Wilderness Therapy program
- Girls who have anxiety from bullying
- Body image issues
- Fear and anxiety related to academics
- Girls who have symptoms related to trauma
- Girls who are in contentious conflict with parents
The "Semester Forward" program provides families with a wider range of options to allow for budget, calendar, or a daughter’s unique treatment path. This is a unique approach to the therapeutic boarding school model.
About Greenbrier AcademyGreenbrier Academy is an all-girls' therapeutic boarding school. The mission at Greenbrier Academy is to mentor and empower adolescent girls and their families to create quality, healing intrapersonal and interpersonal relationships through inspired critical thinking, advanced therapeutics, college prep academics, and stimulating adventures.