Back to Newsletter
All Kinds of News for February 08, 2017
Programming / Trips / Visitors To Campus / Personnel Changes / Clinical, Ownership / Programming Change / Evolution / Job Listings / Trainings / The Lighter Side / Research
The Academy at Trails Carolina Seeks New Clinical Director
Published February 08, 2017Trails Carolina
Category: Job Listings
The Academy at Trails Carolina is seeking a Clinical Director. The Academy at Trails, a therapeutic boarding school located in western North Carolina, is comprised of dedicated educators, therapists and outdoor leadership experts who are committed to offering a well-rounded education through mastery-based classroom learning, integrated therapy and adventure programming for adolescent boys ages 14-17. The Academy at Trails Carolina utilizes a team based treatment approach to fully empower the students and their families.
The Clinical Director supervises the clinical program - including therapy, milieu, recreation and psychiatric components of the program to ensure consistent and effective implementation of programming. The Clinical Director is responsible for coordinating and delivering therapeutic services for a caseload of adolescent males. This includes but is not limited to weekly individual, group and family therapy, as well as interdepartmental treatment development and coordination within the school.
- Provide therapy to clients and families in the program
- Review psychoeducational testing to determine appropriate applicants for admissions
- Facilitate school tours to parents and referral sources
- Provide clinical supervision to therapists and staff in the cultivation of therapeutic relationships with clients, families, and referring professionals
- Supervise clinical programing, phase work and family therapy programing
- Complete clinical chart reviews to assure clinical files are complete and updated
- Oversee clinical and staff trainings
- Conduct weekly treatment team meetings
The applicant should have a strong clinical assessment, be familiar with evidence-based treatment for youth, possess solid therapeutic communication and rapport-building skills. Further, a successful applicant should be comfortable providing therapeutic services to adolescent males presenting with a variety of clinical, neurodevelopmental, substance abuse and behavioral health challenges. A successful applicant will have strong leadership and team management skills. Participation in adventure-based programming is required.
Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or relative field, or Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from an accredited college or university.
North Carolina licensure as a LCSW, LMFT, LPC or Board Certified as a Clinical Psychologist.
We offer competitive pay and benefits and have an immediate opening.
For more information please visit: www.trailsacademy.com
Please send resumes to Adam Ray: email@example.com