All Kinds of News for May 10, 2017
Are you looking to affect change in young people’s lives while having an incredible adventure at the same time?! Come to Outback Therapeutic Expeditions for a life-changing career as a Field Therapist! Immediate positions are available; contact Outback for more information.
Field Therapists empower adolescents by linking the weekly individualized and groups sessions of the Primary Therapist into daily life for the teen. The job includes but is not limited to the following:
- Go camping with a group of teens in the wilderness for an 8 days/nights shift and get 6 days/nights off.
- Participate in the staffing milieu to ensure the highest safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Provide group and individual therapy sessions every day during your on-shift.
- Do work with the primary therapist during co-therapy each week.
- Help students each day by providing skill building techniques, psycho-education, crisis-intervention, assessment and continuity of care by being with the students before, during and after the primary therapists meet with them each week.
- The starting salary is $35,000 to $45,000 annually.
- Health benefits after 30 days.
- Generous paid time off package.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all Outback employees.
- Field Therapist can easily meet /exceed the required direct service hours for licensure and supervision is provided.
- Applicants must be a minimum of a Master Level graduate working towards their licensure in Clinical Mental Health, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Social Work.
- Must currently hold an entry level license with the state of Utah to practice mental health counseling.
- CPR and First Aid certifications are required before hire.
Outback is a wilderness program for troubled teens located in Utah that uniquely blends the best of the nomadic model and basecamp features to offer students a resilience-building yet safe experience. Our strengths-based approach invites the best from students by helping them to see their own greatness. Outback is the ONLY wilderness program that has therapists in the field with the students 24/7 doing in-the-moment therapy every day of the week rather than debrief-style therapy once a week. Come be one of those therapists!
About Outback Therapeutic ExpediationsOutback Therapeutic Expeditions is a licensed wilderness therapy program located in Utah that offers an integrative approach to comprehensive assessments and treatment for teens. Outback offers help for troubled teens ages 13-17. Outback helps teens with various areas of difficulties, such as depression, anxiety, trauma, engaging in dangerous behaviors, mild ASD, electronic and gaming addiction and more. Outback’s treatment options place strong emphasis on healthy relationships, increased self-efficacy and a healthy amount of autonomy through skill building.