All Kinds of News for November 08, 2017
Teen Therapy Center is a private mental health clinic located in Los Gatos, serving teens and their families by providing a variety of mental health services. Teen Therapy Center is seeking two full-time qualified therapists for our In-Home Teen and Family Coaching Program - one based out of Los Gatos and one based out of San Mateo.
Teen and Family Coaching is provided in the home and community to teach teens and families how to reduce and manage challenging behaviors as they are occurring and to promote success by increasing positive behaviors and healthy coping skills. This service works with the whole family to provide support to improve communication, create structure, and model how to manage challenging situations.
- Work with teens and families in the home or community to address specific targeted behaviors
- Conduct full-cycle behavioral change by conducting assessments, developing and implementing behavioral plans, and overseeing transition plans to ensure long-lasting change
- Provide modeling, structure, support, and immediate one-to-one behavioral interventions
- Identify crisis and/or safety issues and develop appropriate safety plans
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with all treatment team members (parents, psychiatrists, primary care physicians, etc.)
- Timely maintenance of clinical documentation in accordance with agency policy
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date calendars and client information using practice management software
- Meet regularly with supervisor(s) for consultation regarding clients’ cases and progress
- California licensed or pre-licensed clinician registered and in good standing with the BBS
- Passionate about working with adolescents and their families
- Must have experience working with teens and families providing crisis assessment, management, and interventions
- Ability to develop and implement individualized, strength-based behavior treatment plans
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain close communication with all treatment team members
- Energetic, motivated, compassionate, personable, hard-working and reliable
- Must be able and willing to work a variable schedule based on the therapeutic needs of the teens and families (primarily afternoons, evenings, and weekends)
- Valid CA drivers’ license, proof of insurance, and reliable personal vehicle for work
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent clinical training opportunities, including both individual and group supervision
- Enjoyable, diverse, motivated, and rewarding clients
- Professional, fun, and detail-oriented support staff on site
- Warm, friendly, and supportive team work environment
To apply, please e-mail Lindsay@teentcsv.com as soon as possible with the following:
- Cover letter
- Answers to the following supplemental questions:
- What type of behavioral interventions have you found most effective in your past work?
- What is your approach to engage both the teen and parents in treatment?
- What days and hours are you available to work? Is this flexible?
- Ideally, how many hours would you like to work each week?
- When are you available to begin working?
- If you are not currently licensed, how many hours have you completed? When do you anticipate being licensed?
- What is your desired hourly wage?