All Kinds of News for April 11, 2018
SUWS of the Carolinas and Phoenix Outdoor is seeking temporary therapists to serve as Field Supervisors (FS) during our busy summer season. We are a wilderness therapy program that operates in the Pisgah National Forest, part of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina.
We work with children and adolescents (ages 10 through 17) in a wilderness therapy setting.
Students work in a millieu-specific grous, with various areas of specialization:
- Children aged 10-13 struggling with dysfunctional behaviors, ADHD, mood disorders, trauma, attachment issues, and high functioning Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Boys and Girls ages 13-17 who present with mood disorders, mild substance use, school refusal, behavioral acting out, social isolation, trauma, and relational challenges
- Boys ages 13-17 who present with a primary diagnosis of Substance Use Disorder, often co-occurring with mood and other disorders.
The summer season varies in length, beginning as early as May and ending as late as September. Some positions may run as briefly as June through August.
The Seasonal Field Supervisor (FS) position is responsible for a caseload of up to 7 students, providing individual and group therapy, as well as parent coaching/therapy, conducted primarily by telephone. Students are met in the field, usually requiring the FS to hike out to rustic campsites located anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours from our base camp in Old Fort.
- Thorough and timely completion of documentation;
- Participation in weekly Clinical Team Supervision, weekly Staff Meetings, and monthly Peer Trainings
- Participate in weekly Primary Field Supervisor (on-call) rotation;
- Independent or Associate level licensure in mental health in the state of North Carolina (LPC, LPCA, LMSW, LMSWA, LMFT, LMFTA, LCAS, LCASA) by April 2018
- Experience working with children and/or adolescents
- Previous experience in a wilderness program
- Education/Experience in working with family systems
This is a temporary, full-time position. Hours are typically M-F, 9a-5p, with some weekend on-call responsibilities.
- Must pass a pre-hire drug screen and background check.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
***If you are interested in this position, please click here.***
About SUWS of the Carolinas
SUWS of the Carolinas is a licensed, CARF International-accredited mental health facility, committed to helping families rediscover their strengths and fostering growth for young people. Operating in the Pisgah National Forest under permit from the National Forest Service, SUWS delivers wilderness based therapeutic interventions for 10-17 year old boys and girls with compassion and excellence. www.suwscarolinas.com