All Kinds of News for April 11, 2018
Telos, a residential treatment center in UT, announces a solution for male students who are close to turning 18. For many families, programs or referring professionals this milestone can cause concern. Many residential treatment programs are reluctant to take these students because they may self-discharge on their 18th birthday. Due to their age, these students need higher levels of structure than what typical young adult programs offer. Parents hesitate placing these older students in a youth treatment setting, imagining 14 and 15 year old roommates. Similarly, parents hesitate to place a 17 and a half year olds in a young adult program with 20+ year old peers.
To serve students who are too old for youth treatment, and too young for young adult treatment, the Telos Senior House has been custom made for near-adults age 17.5 and older.
Telos Senior House features:
- Townhouse style living with 8 beds and similarly aged students
- Age appropriate programming and activities for older students
- Youth residential treatment level structure, services, and oversight
- Excellent high school academics
- Private rooms
- If ready, on their 18th birthday, students can either stay at the Senior House or transition to one of 4 apartments with lower levels of structure. This helps increase "buy-in" by honoring a maturing student.
If you have any questions about Telos Senior House, call Becca Jolley at 801-787-4447.
About Telos U and Telos RTC
Telos U and Telos RTC, located in Orem, UT, specialize in small class size and low pressure education systems support. Telos provides a therapeutic boarding school enironment for adolescent boys who need help with Processing of Information Disorders, ADD/ADHD, ASD and emotional disorders that prevent them from thriving in a typical high school environment. Telos offers a family systems approach to therapy, working with parents and siblings alongside Telos' students, and structuring a therapeutic mileu around triathlon training programs and other engaging activities outside of school class time.