All Kinds of News for January 10, 2018
Solutions Parenting Support team of former wilderness therapy program therapists continue to provide additional support to parents who have children in wilderness treatment programs. Solutions Parenting Support walks alongside parents during the wilderness treatment process to help manage the parent's own struggles and uncertainties as they truly support their child’s therapeutic process. The Solutions Parenting Support team collaborates with the wilderness therapist and provides weekly support to parents. They assist parents who have a child in wilderness treatment capitalize on the time they have with the wilderness therapist by removing obstacles that arise when parents do not have the extended time and space to address their own challenges as they navigate their child’s treatment process.
.Parents who have a child in a wilderness therapy program and who elect to work with Solutions Parenting Support will be provided but not limited to the following:
- A weekly scheduled 1 hour phone/video call with parents
- As needed non-crisis support via email, texting or additional scheduled calls
- Support with letter writing and/or processing the letters from their child
- Provides preparation for upcoming calls with their child and program therapist; aids the program and parents in navigating any unforeseen or difficult issues that their child may be experiencing in the program
- Assists parents with understanding and working effectively with wilderness therapy program milestones and strategies
- Assess and address problem areas and strengths within the family system and parents
- Enhances the co-parenting team, whether split or intact
- Teaches the importance of learning to parent from afar, rather than feeling like they cannot develop new habits until the child is living with them
- Helps parents increase their self-awareness and identifying patterns that are impacting their success as a parent, while developing more effective communication skills
- Assists parents in identifying their own role in repairing and strengthening the parent child relationship
Solutions Parenting Support’s goal is to invite parents to see the importance of the personal work needed and to invite wilderness therapists to encourage this needed process to help parents get everything they can for the whole family throughout their child’s entire time in wilderness treatment. Through years of experience and ability to hold an objective position, Solutions Parenting Support creates an experience that allows for increased awareness, sustainable growth and effective decision making while helping parents utilize the entire team of professionals who are supporting their child.
About Solutions Parenting Support
Solutions Parenting Support, LLC is a nationally recognized parent support and transitional program assisting families during and after wilderness therapy treatment and/or residential treatment programming. With business offices are in Steamboat Springs, CO and Tucson, AZ the team is supporting parents and families in the United States and globe. The team of parent coaches and transitional specialists are family system focused, licensed professional therapists and/or licensed social workers with a combined 40+ years of experience working in wilderness therapy programs, varying levels of residential treatment programming and transitional support.