All Kinds of News for June 06, 2018
Dawn Bauer, Director of Admissions, says, “We were happy to see our student population return to Puerto Rico in February. We were grateful that our students, staff, and buildings were well prepared and untouched during the hurricane. But more importantly, we are grateful for the service and personal growth opportunities that our students and staff had in the weeks that followed from the hurricane."
Pacia Life Puerto Rico is specifically designed to prepare young adults for entry into adulthood, college, jobs, career, social life and beyond with an emphasis on growing in self-efficacy, self-determination, life mapping, leadership, service, education and career exploration.
Students in Pacia Life participate in one or more of the following six tracks:
- Traditional College Learning and Life Skills Support, teaching sustainable self-reliance in college;
- Non-Traditional Collegiate Learning, a tailored combination of experiential learning, internship, and certification;
- Entrepreneurial Track, similar to the prior program, but with the addition of business coaching;
- Financial Self-Reliance Track, including broad life skills teaching and fiscal education;
- Wellness and Personal Goal Development, including life coaching, mindfulness, wellness practices, relationship coaching, and so forth; and
- International Experience, covering GAP years, study abroad programs, personal growth, and education.
Randy Oakley, President of the Board of Pacia Life, says “Our students in Puerto Rico are continuing to experience strong, foundational growth that has strong transference into real-life situations. Many of our students start in Puerto Rico and then transfer one of our other five locations to put their skill sets into real action."
"The sense of community is the greatest I’ve seen it since moving here over five years ago,” says Lindsey Bauer, Executive Director. “The volunteer aspect of our program has been at an all-time high, and it’s wonderful to see the positive impact it’s making not only on our community but on our students and staff."
About Pacia Life
Pacia Life is a real-life, results-based, community-based academic and experiential learning experience with Clinically Informed Life Coaches®, College Education Specialists, Entrepreneur Coaches, international GAP experiences, Wellness Specialist, Business Coaches, and a strong community network of clinical staff as needed.
Pacia Life students use the Tatori method to extract and execute a set of goals and next step actions within their personal life map in one or more tracks as stated below. All five tracks have the purpose of balanced, sustainable self-reliance in the arenas of career/education, health and wellness, fiscal management, friends/family, leisure management.