All Kinds of News for March 07, 2018
Seven Stars, a unique and cutting edge treatment program for teens on the Autism Spectrum, is hiring a crucial role for the team: Admissions and Marketing Coordinator or Director (depending on experience).
This person uses good judgment, flexibility in thinking and displays excellent emotional stability in evaluating situations and making decisions, despite client's circumstances. Functions as a resource to those not requiring facility services. Communicates with parents in the midst of a child's mental health crisis. Communicates confidence and comfort to families in need. Responsible for utilization management process to all patients admitted to the facility regardless of reimbursement source, including preauthorization.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Masters Degree in a related clinical field preferred.
- Minimum of one year work experience in Utilization Review, direct clinical experience in a mental health setting, or one year in related direct care or academic setting. Satisfactory references, work records, and recommendations of related work experiences must be provided.
- Prior outside sales experience a plus.
Training and Experience:
- Minimum of one year experience in mental health setting preferred.
- Must have ability to relate individually to those emotionally disturbed and in crisis.
- Must be multi-task oriented. Must be able to think flexibly and maintain a solution focus.
- Must work well with others, be a team player and also work independently. Must have some knowledge of mental illnesses and program services.
- Needs to understand the relationship between clinical care needed by each individual patient and the array of treatment services provided by the facility.
- Communication abilities requiring tact and refined negotiation skills to ensure that services needed by patients are secured.
- Knowledge of marketplace and competition desired, as well as sales experience/orientation.
- Must be detailed oriented. Must be outgoing, personable, with excellent written and verbal communication skills and capable of making "cold calls" to potential referral sources.
- Must be enthusiastic about representing the program and actively seek opportunities to introduce the program to referral sources.
ADMISSIONS AND MARKETING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITILITES
- Responsible for processing all incoming inquiry calls.
- Ensuring referral sources and families are provided information, sending information packets as appropriate and arranging and conducting tours or meetings with referral sources and families, as needed.
- Responsible for the accurate and detailed completion of all paperwork pertaining to each admission.
- Recognizes that Admissions does not conduct therapy over the phone or during a consultation, instead maintains a supportive, non-clinical relationship.
- Participates in referral development activities to include tours, 1-to-1 contact, presentations and some periodic travel, with 3 to 5 annual overnight trips required.
- Assists in preparing information on a daily basis for administration, i.e. updating logs and tracking system at the facility, as well as corporate tracking systems.
- Active participation in meetings.
- Applies utilization management process to all patients admitted to the facility regardless of reimbursement source including preauthorization.
- Provides consultation in terms of documentation needs, financial limitations, admission requirements and continued stay requirements to professional staff members, and other pertinent services.
- Acts as the primary contact source for external review agencies by providing case review as requested and assisting with other requests by such agencies.
- Attends treatment team meetings, as needed.
- Responsible for communication regarding admissions to all clinical staff as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Interpersonal Relationships/Personal Contacts:
Employee must work closely with all clinical staff and disciplines internally, including business office staff and others as needed. In addition, must maintain a strong working relationship with the Executive Director to facilitate resolution of utilization management issues. Regular contact with national marketing.
Must have satisfactory vision and hearing to adequately and efficiently perform the requirements of the position. Physical demands are light, with ability to lift 35 lbs.
The Facility and office environments of referring professionals and conference settings.
Position Reports To:
Salary is very competitive and commensurate with experience and proven abilities. Position includes opportunities for growth and professional development.
Please submit your resume to Gordon Day, Executive Director of Seven Stars at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Seven Stars
Seven Stars is a premier therapeutic program for teens ages 13-17 struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, and Learning Disorders (verbal or nonverbal). Seven Stars' treatment model takes a revolutionary shift from normal therapy methods. By combining acute care stabilization, with residential treatment and academics, true multidisciplinary assessment and treatment, outdoor experiential therapy and positive psychology, Seven Stars therapeutic program understands, assesses and builds the confidence and skills of students struggling with neurodevelopmental disorders.