All Kinds of News for May 09, 2018
Evoke Therapy Programs hosted its 5th annual Forum for Innovative Treatment Solutions conference (FITS) April 8th – April 10th in Salt Lake City. More than 100 attendees, including Educational Consultants, Therapeutic Programs, and Treating Professionals participated in this year’s event. From its inception, the intention of FITS has been about bringing people together from various areas in the treatment field to share ideas, perspectives, and experiences in an effort to better serve those families with whom they work. In doing so, the FITS intention is also to recognize the importance of connection, self-care, and doing ‘your own work’; attendees were invited to participate in small experiential groups, interactive breakout discussions, and activities including a nature walk, drum circle, yoga, and meditation, in addition to an AA meeting each morning.
The topic of Shame was also a primary theme at this year’s conference. Keynote presenters included Dr. Harriet Lerner, who spoke on The Power of Apology and the Complexity of Forgiveness; Judy Crane, LMHC, CAP, ICADC who spoke about The Trauma Heart and #MeToo!; Robert Walter from the Joseph Campbell Foundation addressed Shame in Our Lives, Our Culture, and Our Myths; and Dr. Brad Reedy, Owner and Clinical Director of Evoke Therapy Programs, discussed Psychology versus Therapy: Implications for the Practice and Supervision of Therapy in Residential Treatment and Wilderness Therapy Programs.
Attendees at this year’s FITS offered these comments in response to their experience:
- Inspiring, meaningful, likely the best conference that I have attended in many years.
- FITS is a wonderful combination of connection and education. I think Evoke has created something that should be emulated at other gatherings -- healing for the healers!
- Attend FITS for a unique conference experience that feeds your mind and soul in equal measure and invites meaningful lasting connections with colleagues.
- Year after year, Evoke puts on one of the best, if not the best, conferences in our field with FITS, and the 2018 conference was the best one yet. With the incredible presenters, the experiential programming, and the solution-driven group of attendees, this shaped up to be a very moving experience. This is what all conferences should be.
- Finally, relevant education in a relaxed forum with meaningful personal interactions. Loved this experience.
- FITS feels like stepping away from our work to spend time developing a better human and personal experience. No other conference can say that.
About Evoke Therapy Programs
Evoke Therapy Programs at Entrada, in Santa Clara, Utah provides innovative mental health treatment solutions for struggling teens, young adults and their families. Their programs foster lasting change utilizing the power of nature and Wilderness Therapy. They also offer Personal Growth Intensive Workshops for individuals and families that are looking to create dynamic changes in their life or to simply find the balance they are seeking.