All Kinds of News for November 07, 2018
New Focus Academy is a residential treatment center working with adolescent boys ages 12-18 with autism spectrum and other neurodevelopmental disorders. This therapeutic residential program gives adolescent boys struggling with developmental delays a chance to gain the necessary skills to live independently. Through evidence-based methods, immersive experiential activities, and a longer length of stay, students have the time to grow emotionally and socially while learning and applying valuable life skills.
Programming at New Focus Academy will help students by:
- Education and Experiential Learning: New Focus Academy students’ unique learning abilities are addressed through individualized education programs. As students work towards graduation, they also learn valuable life and vocational skills preparing them for employment and greater independence.
- Individualized Therapy and Coaching: Treatment at New Focus addresses each student’s specific needs through goals, objectives, and positive feedback. The coaching team provides support and guidance throughout the therapeutic process.
- Social Skills and Development Groups: Students at New Focus attend daily groups focused on developing appropriate social skills. These skills are then practiced through experiential activities in the community and with peers.
- Physical Health and Recreation: Students will participate in daily fitness and outdoor recreation activities to promote well-being.
- Learning Life Skills: New Focus students learn important life skills, such as being actively involved in meals. They will learn budgeting, planning, preparing, and clean-up, which empowers them to take an active role in nutritional choices.
Executive Director and Co-Founder of New Focus Academy Brandon Park, PhD states,“Together with my partner, John Webb, we have created a program about helping young people with the neurodiverse minds to understand who they are and the greatness they have inside while striving towards greater levels of independence.”
For more information about New Focus Academy, please call 844-313-6749 or visit https://newfocusacademy.com/.
About New Focus Academy
New Focus Academy is a therapeutic residential treatment program for adolescent boys ages 12-18 with neurodevelopmental disorders. Located in Heber City, Utah, just outside of Salt Lake City, New Focus Academy prepares struggling teen boys for a purpose-filled, independent life. New Focus Academy creates an environment of success using a positive reinforcement approach and empowering students to take small steps leading to big changes and overall wellness.