All Kinds of News for November 07, 2018
Many substance abuse and mental health programs are ineffective because they do not address the root problem. Patients continue to relapse until their brain function is optimized. Otherwise, patients will continue to use drugs to stimulate underactive brain regions and to calm overactive brain regions. Corner Canyon has learned that successful addiction treatment requires diagnosis and treatment of multiple underlying biochemical disorders. Corner Canyon integrates a multifaceted approach to optimizing brain function using the following interventions:
- Pharmacogenetic and DNA Testing: information about genetic vulnerabilities and problem areas in brain communication and supplementation of needed nutrients. Determines what medications are effective for the individual.
- Vitanya: an innovative Brain Balancing treatment, utilizing research validated brain technology to aid in healing the brain from substance abuse, trauma, brain chemistry imbalances, mood issues like depression and anxiety, and nutritional deficiencies (aided by specific supplements). Improves communication in the brain: neurotransmitters, hormones, gut brain connection.
- Psychiatric intervention: adding medications to correct deficiencies in the brain, improve sleep and mood, help manage behavior, and aid in absorbing therapeutic processes.
- Insightful, skilled, and thought provoking therapy: research says Group Therapy is most impactful, then Family Therapy, then Individual. Stimulates the brain, increasing connections and improving functioning in addition to providing effective treatment.
- Psychological testing to aid in fully assessing each client’s treatment areas and concerns.
- Gut Brain connection: well rounded healthy diet provides nutrients to facilitate healing and improve communication neurologically. Can improve mood by facilitating the production of serotonin and dopamine, can treat anxiety and depression
- Meditation: it appears to have a variety of neurological benefits – from changes in grey matter volume to reduced activity in the “me” centers of the brain to enhanced connectivity between brain regions. Corner Canyon teaches and practices Mindfulness-Based Relapse Prevention, which is supported by research.
- Education about brain function and dysfunction and needs to operate optimally
- Hormone Testing: as needed
- Exercise: Most people know the many physical benefits of exercise, but it also improves blood flow to the brain and stimulates the release of growth factors — chemicals in the brain that affect the health of brain cells, the growth of new blood vessels in the brain, and even the abundance and survival of new brain cells.
Corner Canyon is focused on improving/restoring the communication in the Brain and Body so that it can work optimally, putting the client in the best position to feel happy and healthy, understand and apply the excellent therapeutic work Corner Canyon does, and prevent relapse.
About Corner Canyon Recovery
Corner Canyon Recovery, a 16 bed, trauma informed, adult, co-ed with gender specific programming, dual-diagnosis, holistic Residential Treatment Center in a large attractive home in Draper, UT opened in November, 2017.