All Kinds of News for April 09, 2019
CORNER CANYON RECOVERY, located in Draper Utah uses comprehensive, innovative, and sophisticated assessment with all clients to determine all the possible factors that might be influencing how clients feel. The comprehensive assessments get at biological issues that can be preventing a client from feeling better. Canyon's assessment focus is on healing and optimizing the brain and body.
Corner Canyon offers the following:
- DNA TESTING FOR ADDICTION: Assesses client's genetic variants (on 21 genes) to different substances and the behaviors that can accompany them, ie risk taking, impulsivity, inattention, aggression, etc. Test results reduce stigma associated with addiction and helps with denial of clients and their families. Micronutrient supplementation is recommended to help address underlying deficiencies. For example, a genetic inability to process folic acid can cause mental health issues like depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, ADHD or autism, in addition to increasing the risk of physical health problems, and can lead to alcoholism.
- PHARMACOGENETIC TESTING: To determine which medications will be most effective for clients and eliminate medications which are potentially harmful to or ineffective for clients. This reduces the time needed to get clients feeling better and stabilized on their medications while in treatment.
- FULL MEDICAL ASSESSMENT INCLUDING LAB WORK TO ASSESS UNDERLYING PROBLEMS like hormone, thyroid, anemia, inflammation, and immune deficiencies, liver and kidney function, STDs, infection, cancer, diabetes, CBC, anemia, essentially everything that can be determined by blood work to ensure that all aspects of a client are treated to reduce the likelihood of relapse back into addiction and/or mental health problems
- COMPLETE BRAIN MAP to evaluate communication between brain/brain and brain/body cells. Assesses neurotransmitters, functioning in brain areas that control things like depression, learning disabilities, ADHD, anxiety, even things like beliefs about the self, as in body image problems, reactions to stress that is impacting the client negatively, etc. Can indicate physical problems, up to 50,000 different states, although Vitanya (our testing partner), does not evaluate that many for practical reasons. In addition to intervention to address all these areas, the print out of the degree of impairment in each area is sent to the therapist working with the client to discuss in therapy sessions
- PSYCHOLOGICAL EVALUATION A basic evaluation completed after clients have regained mental clarity to help direct treatment and to indicate whether further testing is recommended to assess complex issues that have not already been evaluated.
- PSYCHIATRIC ASSESSMENT to determine whether clients need the assistance of medications, temporarily or long term, to improve their mental, emotional, and physical functioning. Some clients need medications reduced or eliminated.
- BIOPSYCHOSOCIAL EVALUATION to assess all components of a client’s life, personality, stressors, and functioning to direct treatment.
- STOMACH MICROBIOME DNA TEST if determined to be a need for clients who struggle with weight, intestinal problems, inflammation, immune system problems, skin problems, etc.
- FOOD SENSITIVITY TEST if needed for clients who have difficulty with gastrointestinal, skin, fatigue, headache, and other problems.
- Addictional extensive testing like Neuropsychological batteries, as needed.
For more information about how the testing integrates with the treatment planning, please contact admissions at (877) 717-6237,
About Corner Canyon Recovery
Opened in 2017, Corner Canyon Recovery, a 16 bed, trauma informed, adult, co-ed with gender specific programming, dual-diagnosis, holistic Residential Treatment Center in a large attractive home in Draper, Utah.