All Kinds of News for November 06, 2019
bluefire Wilderness Therapy is excited to celebrate their 5 year anniversary as an adventure-based wilderness therapy program in the mountains of South-Central Idaho. blueFire Wilderness has had the privilege of helping over 700 clients and their families from all over the country find success.
“We would like to thank all of the families and referral sources that have supported and trusted us over the last 5 years,” says Executive Director and Co-Founder, Kathy Rex. “We could not have done it without you.”
Rex explains, “What I learned early on, and continue to learn, is that change is hard.and necessary. One cannot hide from themselves for long when they learn to sit still, observe, and then take action. Trust, Reliance, Vulnerability, Humility, Sacrifice, Acceptance, Confidence, Honesty, etc. The list goes on and on as far as what one is capable of experiencing in a wilderness setting.”
Since 2014, blueFire Wilderness has grown from 1 group to 6 wilderness therapy groups that support different age and clinical profiles.
- Embers Boys ages 11-15 who struggle with low self-esteem, anger, trauma, school refusal, and executive functioning issues.
- Embers Girls ages 11-15 who struggle with low self-esteem, anger, trauma, school refusal, and executive functioning issues.
- Teen Boys ages 14-17 who have begun experimenting with risky behaviors or acting out impulsively.
- Teen Girls ages 14-17 who struggle with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, trauma, and loss.
- Young Adults ages 18-28 who struggle with anxiety, depression, trauma, and failure to launch. The program is called, Pulsar.
About BlueFire Wilderness
BlueFire Wilderness is a wilderness therapy program based just outside of Boise, Idaho that offers teens and young adults ages 11-28. blueFire Wilderness combines clinical expertise, academic assessments, and a family systems approach to help teens struggling with emotional, behavioral and social challenges. For more information, please call 1 (844) 413-1999 or visit our website at https://bluefirewilderness.com.