All Kinds of News for April 08, 2020
Benchmark Transitions, a licensed and certified residential treatment and structured clinical transitional living program in Southern California, continues to admit and provide essential mental health and substance use disorders treatment services, amid the Coronavirus outbreak.
"As an essential health care provider, Benchmark is committed to following the guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)," states founder and CEO Jayne Longnecker-Harper, M.Ed. "It's important that families know that, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a place for their young adult children to obtain treatment services." Benchmark, which was founded by Longnecker-Harper in 1993, recognizes that making the determination to obtain mental health services in the midst of this healthcare crisis is a challenge for many young adults and their families. By adhering to the CDC key considerations for healthcare facilities, Benchmark is integrating into their treatment services the following standards:
- Avoid close contact - Staff and clients maintain physical distancing at the residential facilities, the transitional living facility and transitional living homes. Benchmark clinicians can engage in tele-health and tele-medicine as needed to support clients throughout the program.
- Washing hands - Handwashing is one of the most effective ways to help prevent the spread of germs. Staff and clients wash hands and use hand santitizer frequently throughout the day.
- Cover mouth and nose - The CDC now recommends the use of a cloth face mask in areas where it may be difficult to maintain social and physical distancing. This adds an extra layer of support and protection against the spread of germs.
- Cover coughs and sneezes - Benchmark monitors staff and clients daily for symptoms and has strategic referral processes in place should someone demonstrate symptoms of COVID-19.
- Clean and disinfect - Benchmark's dedicated staff contributes to the regular cleaning and disinfecting of the facilities throughout the day on frequently touched surfaces.
By adhering to these standards, Benchmark Transitions can ensure that young adult clients are able to obtain the appropriate level of care for the treatment of their mental health and co-occurring substance use disorders. Benchmark's services include mental health stabilization, primary residential treatment, sub-acute detoxification, and clinical transitional living programs, including partial hospitalization program (PHP); intensive outpatient program (IOP) and extended care programming.
Benchmark is a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to residential treatment and transitional living for young adult men and women, ages 18-28. Benchmark provides an evidence-based and compassionate approach to residential treatment for mental health and co-occurring substance use disorders, community-based supportive transitional living, education and career development and independent living life skills.