All Kinds of News for July 15, 2020
New Vision Wilderness Northwoods announces Milestones, an intentionally designed, adventure-based wilderness experience that promotes self-awareness, resiliency, mindfulness, and the development of healthy future goals.
Teens and young adults who may be feeling stuck, lost, or have a need to disconnect from their daily lives while reconnecting with themselves will benefit from this 28-day program.
Participants can expect:
- Backpacking adventure in the Chequamegon National Forest
- 8-day canoe expedition
- Daily mindfulness and goal setting
- Weekly group therapy with a master’s level therapist
- Daily therapeutic groups led by specially trained outdoor guides
- Trauma sensitive yoga
- HeartMath stress/anxiety regulation
- Increased resiliency and problem-solving skills
- Certified Community Service hours
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, and ACA Canoe Skills
Applications are being accepted now for an expedition in late July or early August. For more information, please contact Patrick McAvoy, Admissions Director at 518-524-7676 or email@example.com.
About New Vision Wilderness
New Vision Wilderness Northwoods is an innovative wilderness therapy program for clients who require immediate intervention and intensive mental health treatment. Our programs specialize in treating struggles associated with adoption, developmental trauma, anxiety, depression, and addiction. We serve pre-teens and adolescents, and their parents, in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin. New Vision comes from a trauma-informed lens and a relationship-based model permeating our culture of leaders, clinicians, and employees. The wilderness is our catalyst for change and healing.