Are you passionate about making a difference and helping young people and their families? Bring that passion to Stillwater Academy and help us as we continue to change lives and heal hearts.
Primary Therapist – Assess and treat adolescents who struggle with anxiety, depression, ADHD, addictive behaviors, and executive function issues. Responsibilities include individual, group, and family therapy; treatment planning; crisis intervention; case management; client advocacy; and transition planning/support.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary ($60,000-$90,000 DOE)
- An incredibly supportive team that values acceptance and support as we strive to be the best we can be for the students and families we work with
- An environment that values continuing education as development
- 401(k) Matching
- Generous PTO
- Paid Sick Days
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide weekly individual, family, and group therapy sessions
- Engage clients quickly and builds strong rapport with clients
- Conduct relevant clinical assessments, create treatment plans, and ensure patient progress through treatment goals
- Timely completion of weekly clinical documentation
- Facilitate effective discharge planning to ensure patient success after treatment
- Collaborating with family and referral sources
- Work effectively with families and referral sources
- Master’s Degree in the behavioral sciences – Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT), Social Work (MSW), Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or a related discipline.
- Licensed or ability to be licensed in the state of Utah as one of the following: LMFT, AMFT, CSW, LCSW, AMHC, CMHC
- FIRST AID/CPR certification (or within 30 days of employment)
- A desire to work with a caring team of individuals to facilitate client growth through a relationship approach and clinical expertise
- Experience as a therapist/clinician in a residential treatment setting.
- Experience leading individual, family and group therapy sessions.
- Experience working with adolescents in a treatment setting.
Vision, 401(k), Dental, Medical, Life Insurance
About Stillwater Academy
Stillwater Academy is a one-of-a-kind clinical treatment program and accredited school that helps teens and families who have experienced profound family disruptions find healing and re-connection.
Through our unique approach, we help students (age 13-17) LEARN new ways of addressing their challenges; LIVE the skills they are developing in a family setting that provides warmth, support, and consistency; and LEAD others as they prepare for transition. Founded in 1988, Stillwater Academy has over 30 years of experience in helping students struggling with challenges such as anxiety, depression, trauma, addiction (substance, electronic and gaming), family conflict, neurodiversity, ASD Level 1 and more.
We are experts at maximizing insurance benefits to offset the high cost of treatment for parents. Our clinical approach includes weekly individual, family, group and equine assisted therapy; inspired, classroom-based education by State licensed teachers; and engaging recreation activities with a purpose; all directed at strengthening family relationships and preparing our students to achieve long term success post treatment.
Our highly trained housing staff provide students who have experienced traumatic life events (adoption, attachment issues, traumatic divorce, abuse, maladaptive family systems) a place to practice the new skills they are learning in family setting that provides warmth, support, love, consistency and , An evidence-based, family systems approach guides the work we do.