Primary Therapist | UT
TELOS Primary Therapist
$70,000 – $80,000/yr
- Possible relocation package offered
- 4 day work week as long as all responsibilities are met
- EMDR Level 1 Training provided ( CMHC, ACMHC, LMFT, MFT, LCSW, CSW )
- Robust health insurance with multiple packages offered
- Generous PTO, including 4 weeks per year granted day one of employment
- Granted recovery day upon return from vacation (exempt from session to allow catch up)
- Paid Sick Days
- 401(k) Matching
- Life Insurance
- Discounts with local companies
- Therapists ( CMHC, ACMHC, LMFT, MFT, LCSW, CSW ) will also be trained in family system models, individual therapy models, and group therapy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a caseload of 8 students conducting individual (1 hour per week per student), family (1 hour per week per student) and group therapy ( 2 a week)
- Cultivate a working relationship with referral sources
- Managing cases in a weekly treatment team
- Refers and manages cases that are assigned to the Telos step-down program (Anthem House)
- Manage all crisis with each assigned client including potential Awol’s, self harm, suicidal threats or any other ‘danger to self’ behaviors.
- Completes special assignments as directed by their supervisor
- Utah State license
- Masters level or higher
- Professional documentation and charting skills
- Experience in treating youth and young adults
- Comfortable with team approach
- Willingness to learn Telos systems and approach
- Experience in residential treatment industry
- Working knowledge of 7 Challenges (not required)
- Special training in working with substance related disorders
Vision, 401(k), Dental, Medical, Life Insurance
Typical students at Telos are bright yet underachieving. Many students get lost in traditional academic settings, needing a higher level of individualized support. Telos students tend to be soft hearted, behaviorally mild and clinically complex.
– The Center St Campus is home to Telos Academy, a residential and academic program for adolescent boys.
– The Geneva Campus is home to Telos U, a co-ed (young women and men) program offering students a continuum of support from residential treatment to independent living as they pursue education and employment. Also on this campus is the Telos Senior House, a residential support program for adolescent boys age 17.5-18 still working on high school, that celebrates older students with age-appropriate activities and friends.
Telos staff learn and practice a high standard of care. A kind and patient way of being, relational coaching and a gift for connecting with young people are qualities exemplified by our staff. Employees are certified in important professional competencies designed to promote excellence and best practices across all program domains. A hallmark of our program is the ability of staff to get clinical interventions out of the therapist’s office and into the larger milieu, thus maximizing the power of quality residential treatment.
Telos is a principles-based, individualized treatment program. Going beyond simple behavioral conditioning, students learn the “why” behind rules, increasing the likelihood of a lifestyle that long outlasts their time in the program.
Visit us at telos.org