Therapeutic & Vocational Life Coach | IL
63 E Lake St #310, Chicago, IL 60601
Chicago, IL 60601
Posted on August 1, 2023
Are you a recent master’s level graduate, passionate about working with young adults experiencing mental health challenges? Are you looking for weekly clinical supervision, professional development, and the opportunity to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to provide holistic care for individuals? Consider EDGE Learning and Wellness for your next career step. EDGE Learning and Wellness Collegiate Community is looking for dynamic individuals who have excellent clinical skills and believe in a wellness lifestyle. The Therapeutic Life Coach/Counselor has an incredible opportunity to impact the lives of young adults. This role works within a multi-disciplinary team of coaches providing comprehensive services to support transition age youth in the development of learning, mental health, career, socialization, and nutrition/fitness goals. Successful candidates are enthusiastic about community life, love engaging in all that Chicago has to offer, and demonstrate leadership and balance in their own lives. Experience with individuals with autism spectrum disorder is required, and experience with motivational interviewing, collaborative problem solving and coaching techniques is preferred.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $80,000.00 per year
- Benefits: – 401(k) – Dental insurance – Employee assistance program – Flexible spending account – Health insurance – Life insurance – Paid time off
- Schedule: 8-hour shift
- Ability to commute/relocate: Chicago, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- License/Certification: Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Shift availability: Day Shift (Preferred)
- Work Location: In person
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Document student attendance and participation in all aspects of the program including individual life coaching.
- Meet weekly with all current students and provide Alumni Student support.
- Respond to critical incidents and mental health crises according to principles of quality clinical care and in keeping with program guidelines.
- Provide on-call coverage for designated dates maintaining a one hour proximity from the program.
- Primary coaching includes individual coaching, family calls, and coordination/collaboration with service providers.
- Lead therapy consultations, coordinate collaboratively with a therapeutic team to provide ongoing assessment of student progress, to create and implement appropriate interventions, and to guide the culture of the community using therapeutic techniques.
- Facilitate groups
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Advanced degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field and a minimum of five years of post-graduate work experience; Clinical license preferred (LCPC, LCSW)
- Knowledge of human development with particular insight into adolescent-young adult transition.
- Understanding of the causes, contributing factors, and effective treatment for mental health conditions including, but not limited to, mood disorders, substance use disorders, and thought disorders.
- Strong case management skills and the ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in written form) with other professionals, students, and parents.
- Desire for ongoing professional and personal growth as demonstrated by several qualities: willingness to accept challenges, belief in one’s ability to grow and change, desire for feedback and supervision, and a belief in personal responsibility.
- The ability to manage time effectively by prioritizing and the skills to successfully complete work and accomplish goals in a flexible work environment.
- Strong communication skills, detailed and results oriented, demonstrate good interpersonal skills with an understanding of boundaries.
- Ability to be flexible with time based on agency and student’s needs.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality and ethical responsibilities.
- Experience with Educational Consultants preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of students and treat them with respect and dignity.
- Valid Drivers’ License and proof of insurance.
If you are interested in this please apply via Indeed.
401(k), Life Insurance