Therapist | ID
3770 E Black Canyon Highway
Emmett, ID 83617
Posted on May 9, 2023
Therapists (Mental Health Youth Counselors) at Cherry Gulch are responsible for the implementation of the clinical aspects of the program. This position manages a caseload of 6-8 students ages 10-16, providing individual, group, and family therapy for their students. This includes general oversight of milieu interventions, attendance at weekly clinical meetings, crisis intervention, and implementation of program philosophy. Therapists must collaborate successfully with other departments within the program, referring professionals, and families to ensure the highest level of professionalism and clinical sophistication in every aspect of the program. This role allows for remote work one day a week.
Full-Time Program Clinician at Cherry Gulch will need to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to execute effective therapy and interventions with clients in individual, group, and family therapy.
- Ability to provide effective case management and provide feedback to a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage and coach families, including the ability to coach parents through difficult situations, the ability to help parents learn about their child’s specific needs, and the ability to help parents grow their parenting skills to parent their child effectively.
- Ability to effectively communicate with collateral contacts, including referral sources, home therapists, previous programs, and psychiatrists.
- Ability to provide effective transition planning.
- Ability to empower, teach, and support direct care staff.
- Must be able to market yourself to referring professionals.
- Therapists must be able to work effectively as a part of a team.
- Ability to complete treatment plans, case notes, and assessments promptly.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- The therapist position at Cherry Gulch requires flexibility to navigate the ever-changing needs of the students, staff, and families.
- Ability to navigate a rotating on-call schedule.
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION PLEASE CLICK HERE
- A minimum of a master’s degree and Idaho state licensure as LPC, LCPC, LMSW, or LCSW.
- Experience working with kids and/or families preferred.
Vision, 401(k), Dental, Medical, Life Insurance, Call For More Information