Wilderness Therapist | Medford, WI
As a WILDERNESS THERAPIST, you will enjoy the following benefits and responsibilities:
New Vision Wilderness Therapy offers an amazing atmosphere of acceptance and support in a wonderful environment! With our unique and out-of-doors style location in Medford, Wisconsin, where the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest covers more than 1.5 million acres of Wisconsin’s northwoods, managing lands for multiple uses including forestry, wildlife habitat, outdoor recreation, fisheries management, special forest products gathering, wilderness and natural areas management. You may come alive and thrive with the visual rewards of nature. For many, our location is a vacation destination, but you will LIVE here!
- Opportunity to become an expert in the field of healing trauma and attachment
- Included training in Brain Spotting 1 and 2, Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY), and Heart Rate Variability (HRV)
- Ongoing clinical supervision from leaders in the Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare sector
- Flexible work environment and strong culture of empathy, service, trusting relationships, growth, and results
- Clinicians can work from home and commute to Medford, WI for their two Field Days with students
- Canine therapy is integrated into treatment
- Proprietary CASA treatment model, with a unique relational and experiential approach
- Work collaboratively as a member of the leadership and clinical team for best outcomes
- Extensive learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Work with adolescent and pre-teen population
- Live and work in a scenic area that experiences all four seasons
- Access to endless outdoor activities including kayaking, mountain biking, skiing, fishing, climbing, and more
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing family of programs
- Collaboration opportunities with other leading Mental Health Programs
- Relocation/signing bonuses available for experienced candidates
- We are not a behavior modification program
Great compensation based on experience
Excellent benefits package
Our programs specialize in treating struggles associated with developmental trauma, attachment, anxiety, and addiction.
Trauma responsive, attachment focused, evidence based treatment
Canine therapy integrated into treatment
At New Vision Wilderness Therapy we invite and encourage family participation in family intensive treatments throughout the year.
Job advancement opportunity to grow into a Lead Therapist
Direct treatment students on caseload and work with other members of Treatment Team
Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Behavioral Sciences
Licensed or ability to be licensed in Wisconsin
Two years’ experience working in the field with at-risk youth or comparable experience; 3-5 years post degree clinical experiences preferred
Vision, 401(k), Dental, Medical, Life Insurance
About New Vision Wilderness
New Vision Wilderness located in Medford, WI proudly serves as the first established wilderness therapy program at Embark Behavioral Health.
Located in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin, we are a team of highly trained professionals dedicated to transforming the experiences of struggling students and families. New Vision Wilderness provides trauma-responsive, attachment-focused, wilderness immersion therapy to preteens, adolescents, and their families. Using some of the most innovative and trusted therapeutic techniques, our team works to â€œresetâ€ the studentâ€™s physical and emotional experience. At New Vision Wilderness, families will find themselves supported by a culture of empathy, trusting relationships, growth, and joy.
For more information about New Vision Wilderness call 866-978-1560 or visit our website to the RIGHT >>>